Sunday, May 31, 2009

It's Hard To Be A Teacher . . At Times!!!!




My job has taken me on an emotional/stressful roller coaster so far this year, happy days, heart breaking days and the list goes on. So it was a relief to have a fun day last Friday, the last day of term. Earlier that week an email was sent out asking for people to attend the V8 Supercars on the last day of term, me being the big car racing fan that I am not, thought I would put my hand up just in case no else wanted to go.


The XXXX Racing Girls

Just my luck, I got picked. I didn't dread it but I wasn't exactly looking forward to it. I thought it would be boring, but to my surprise it was fun, chasing autographs, famous people and hanging out with my best mate Hawka.

My main man Hawka!!

We took 120-130 students who had a good start to the year out, I was the most senior staff member and was in charge, everything went smoothly and they all had a good time.

I got alot of autographs of people I don't know and met Olympic Gold Medalist Steve Bradbury and TV Star Grant Denyer. I also yelled at a Brooks student for hitting Hawka over the head!!!


Todd & Rick Kelly Signing posters for Harri & J.


With Grant Denyer


With Steve Bradbury

It was a fun day, but car racing is still for people who can't catch a ball!!!!

4 comments:

The Kings said...

What a bludger!!! In the meantime I'm home slaving my guts out!! ;D

Country/City Boy said...

BooHoo, at least something went good for the weekend. Don't ever tell me teachers have it tough :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you can kick back, and have a more relaxing time Aaron.
See you on Thursday.
You are so lucky seeing me so much in the last few weeks.
Love your favourite M.I.L.
xxx

Simone Triffitt said...

Gee that does look like hard work.... no seriously, I would freak being in charge of 120-130 teenagers. Arrgh!!