Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Greatest Day Ever!!!!




I told you we were not scared and we would win!!!!!

Here is my unbiased, :), view of the 2008 AFL Grand Final.

What a day, I felt sick at around 11am, finally had everything in place to watch the game and the emotions and everything else hit me. I was ready!!!! Before the coin toss, I noticed the smug arrogant look on Tom Harley's face and thought "what a tosser!!!", as stated in previous posts, Geelong thought they were going to take the prize.

From the opening bounce it was a tense and pressure filled game. When The Mighty Hawks kicked three goals after Kidney man had kicked one for the cats. I was pumped.


Speaking of Lonergan, did you notice he lost his balance and fell over in the last quarter, that was because his insides are unbalanced with the missing kidney!!!!


As usual the cats came back and hit he front at quarter time, no worries we were close enough, to mount a charge. The second quarter was full of selfish/arrogant Geelong play, Ottens missing from 30 out when two cats were alone in the goal square. Then Croady hurt his foot and my number 2 man Campbell Brown went back and gave the cats headaches.


Buddy finally got into it and handed Willow a goal, followed by Young's booming goal from the center and we were in front at the half.

We came out fired up in the second half, butlost our best player of the first half to injury!!!! The cats tried, but Cyril and Stuey Dew put a 5 min burst that put us up by 30. Then the umpires handed the cats a goal and then another to the druggy's son (Ablett) anthey were back into.


Into the last quater and the pressure was on, see Lisa's blog, but when held firm and beat them. Emotions started to flow after RickyLadson kicked a goal with 8 mins left, but really flowed after the siren
.


Let me express my feelings on a few of the players from today's game:

Stuey Dew: Damn star, we would not have won without him today.
Cyril Rioli: It was his first year, we have a genuine superstar in the making. Turned the game for us.
Luke Hodge: If you have read previous posts you know how I feel. I am proud to #15 on my guernsey.
Shane Crawford: This is who we did it for. After today he could go again next year.
Sam Mitchell: Quiet first half, but stood up in the second.
Brad Sewell: Stood up when needed gave us drive in the second half.
Campbell Brown: Same as always, hard/desperate. I love that man.

The best for the cats:
The umpires: How many dodgy free kicks did you want to receive. They kept you in the game in the second half.

I could go on and on about the team, I know I probably missed some, but people are probably getting bored.

One last one though:
Gary Ablett Jr: Sook!!!!!!!!! Didn't win the Brownlow, sat there sooking, although he claimed it didn't matter that much. Then today sat there at the end sooking his eyes out. You won it last year, it is not as if you haven't tasted premiership glory!!!! Sooky Sooky La La!!!

All in all what a day, now I can look forward to a wonderful 12 months, after years of hearing about how Hawthorn sucked, sticking by them fanatically and riding every bump with them, no one can say anything, anymore. We beat every team this year, everyone!!!! And I have all the games on dvd to prove it!!!

We're a happy team at Hawthorn!!!

Now I am going to watch the game again. Crazy, yes. Fanatical, um hell yeah. Passionate, always. i really love my team!!!!! I mean really love!!!!!!

9 comments:

Country/City Boy said...

The umpires did have a few shocking calls I'll give you that.

Glad they won for you

Kylie's blog said...

Yep! That's sums it up! I tipped them by 21, and for Brad to get the Normie, but they all played so well- Stuey Dew looked soo proud! That McLaren rabbit had cat coloured glasses on! What about the STUPID cats trainers running across play???

Last but by NO MEANS least - ha ha you big sook Ablett! Bring on 2009!

Sorry, but I reckon Crawf will end up on a high this year!

aaron.king said...

He probably will, but he played soo well today!!!

Anonymous said...

They definitely deserved to win. I totally agree on Gary Ablett being a sook, he should be grateful that they got to the finals again, and that they were the premieres again. On a positive note, yes Cyril is a superstar in the making.
Nicki

Anonymous said...

I would like to edit my last post! I meant to say that the were the premieres last year. Ha ha

Anonymous said...

Gary Ablett actually expected to win the Norm Smith medal. He we really [more] disappointed when it was announced, they showed footage!

Cullis Family said...

one person you forgot to recognise is Don Scott. He kept the Hawks alive back when there was going to be a merger between them and the Demons
Devin

Sisters of the East Presidency said...

It was an awesome win & one I'm proud of. They and us their supporters are a happy team @ Hawthorn

Collette said...

great post aaron!...the umpires were just trying to help the scardy cats out!