Thursday, September 4, 2008

Saturday August 30th: A Day From Hell, Night From Heaven

This past Saturday start off like any other Saturday, until I got out the shower and heard Noah crying. Not his usual cry, but one that lets you know it will be a long day. I quickly did a few jobs in town and arrived home at about 10:30am. At 11am Lisa took Kobe to the service project and left me with the immobile Harri (sore foot) and the arching and screaming Noah.

For the next 9 hours I cuddled Noah, almost wrestling him to get him comfortable and quiet. He would only stop crying for about 1min at a time, he did fall asleep for about 15mins at one stage, but Kobe woke up at the same time.

In between the cuddle/wrestle, running Harri to the toilet, stooping J and Harri fighting, I was able to do a few jobs on the computer, watch 3/4 of Semi-Pro & the Eagle & Cats and prepare for what would be a night to remember on that day that would not be easily forgotten.

Noah started to settle around 7pm, just in time for the Hawthorn/Carlton telecast, a big game with Buddy needing 2 goals for his 100 and Fevola needing 8. Buddy kicked his 100th in the first quater and the celebrations began, but Fevola started to creep towards his and the tension was thick.


The kick that started the party!!


Chrish had never watched a Hawthorn game with me until this night, I don't thik he will be in a rush to do it again either.

With Fev only 2 goals away from the `100, with only minutes to go, I started to feel sick. No way was this loser going to steal Buddie's limelight!! Luckily time ran out and the first thing that came out of my mouth was "Sucked in!!". I have never felt so tense or stressed when the Hawks have been leading by 70 odd points.

All in all the day was hard work, but not too bad. at least Lisa got a rest from it and got to get out of the house, plus the night more than made up for the day. Now all we have to do is beat those horrible doggies!!



In case you missed all the fun, here it is!!!




2 comments:

The Kings said...

I'm glad I got out of the house as I couldn't deal with the tension during the day, as well as the night!!

Country/City Boy said...

You forgot one other important thing during the day, the CROWS won as well. Won't mention the victorian conspiracy the next day.

Wonder how things will be in the king household tomorrow and tomorrow night more importantly?