Monday, October 13, 2008

Not Your Average Day At School!!!



Today was the Grade 7 Science excursion to Lowhead to "look" at the Ecosystems around the area. Or in other words a walk along the beach!!!

I must say I was not looking forward to going, I only teach one grade 7 class and don't know any of the other students. I was even less excited when I woke up to see an overcast windy day. Fortunately the weather cleared by the time we hoped on the bus and as I sat with all my friends (by myself) I thought this was going to be a long day. Luckily four girls from my science class started to talk to me, I think they felt sorry for me.

By the time we arrived I was ready for the adventure. We started out walking along the beach heading towards a big sand dune, when we got there the students decided to jump/fall/roll down the dune, they had a ball. I decided to amuse myself by throwing large rocks into the water, right next to the students that were wading up to their shins. It was way too easy to splash them!!!!


The Walk


Fun on the dune


Going back to the top


A sea dragon one of my students found

We had a BBQ lunch and played a bit of sport. Between mucking around with my science class and meeting new students I ended up having a really good day!!!


5 comments:

The Kings said...

What a bludge!!! I was at home slaving away all day, and you are sunning yourself on the beach!!!

Kylie's blog said...

You are giving teachers a more worserer name! It's bad enuff that teacher's these days don't teach kids to read and rite and spell proper (apparently), and have two many holidays (if you listen to the whingers), but now you're having a holiday on a school day. What next - student free days and talking about footy at skool???

Keep up the good work!

Alison said...

Nice for some!!
I took 30 screaming grade threes to the caves at Mole Creek a few months ago.
Excursions are exhausting!
Not as exhausting as Peter Davson-Galle's class, though. You've done your time, I know.

I'm slaving through it.

Country/City Boy said...

And here u were dreading it :)

Careful of those girls with Crushes anti blogger :) wink wink.

Simone Triffitt said...

Nice to see teachers having an enjoyable day for once. I hear enough whinging from the Wheelers/Gibsons at family dinner nights. :)